Vlingo has recently launched a new beta giving BlackBerry smart phone users control over mobile information and tasks with the power of their voice. Currently available on the BlackBerry Pearl, Curve, & 88xx series. Over the next few quarters they are planning to add support for Symbian, Blackberry, Windows Mobile, and Palm devices over time, on separate schedules.
Vlingo works on client server technology. Find the Vlingo white paper for more details.
Here is what Vlingo can do:
- Send and reply to emails and text messages
- Search the Web
- Dial the phone
- Look up contacts
- Send a “note to self”
- Voice updates to Facebook & Twitter status updates
- Tell A Friend
- Read-back of the full text or email message that was spoken
- The ability to launch built in programs:
- Address Book
- The ability to launch third party programs:
- Google Maps
Have a look at the demos: